Los Angeles Based Photographer
Member Local 600 IATSE
Beth Dubber is a Los Angeles based unit photographer who divides her time between television and movie sets, both in studio and on location, and working in the worlds of commercial and fine art photography. She also specializes in portraiture.
Born in Cleveland, OH, Beth received her BA in Studio Art and German language at Cleveland State University where she studied with photographer, Masumi Hyashi. While in school, she traveled to Bali where she created environmental portraits of the inhabitants of a small village in the Tabanan Region. Following graduation she moved to New York where she worked as a line producer on a variety of commercials. Eventually, Beth moved to Los Angeles to focus on a career in the entertainment industry, which began as a travel coordinator for the Ellen DeGeneres Show and led to her career as a highly sought after television and motion picture still photographer.
In 2012, Beth founded the group, Camerawomen Los Angeles, an organization created to lend technical and educational support as well as networking opportunities for women who work in the camera departments on film and TV sets. In 2015, 2017, & 2018, Dubber was nominated for the “Excellence in Photography in Television Award.” Additionally, her still photography for the TV show, “Transparent,” was featured in Slate Magazine with an article written by David Rosenberg.
Ms. Dubber also creates work as a fine art photographer and has both exhibited her work in group shows and curated others, across the country. She has exhibited at her alma mater, Cleveland State University, in the exhibition, A Tribute to Masumi Hysahi, honoring Masumi in a commemorative show.
Through my fine art photography, I examine the human condition by finding and documenting the private moments in public places, the authenticity of human interactions in ordinary and extraordinary instances, and the underlying bits of humor that may be easily over-looked. I hope to inspire the viewer to feel familiarity, comfort, curiosity and joy when looking at my images. I often examine the way we all portray ourselves in our pursuit of just being human. I shoot with both DSLR, film cameras, and experiment with a wide variety of lenses, such as the Holga for the digital camera and Zeiss lenses from my Hasselblad.
- Cover Girl
- Universal Studios
- Warner Brothers
- Camera Angles
- Entertainment Weekly
- Hollywood Reporter
- ICG Magazine
- Los Angeles Times
- Malibu Times
- New York Times
- People Magazine
- Time Magazine
- 11th Annual Inglewood Open Studio, Inglewood, CA.
- Fresh 15 – Group Exhibition, LACP, Los Angeles, CA.
- It’s a Sign Photography Exhibition, Group Show, 1650 Gallery, Juror: Andrew Overtoom
- Photo Independent Art Fair – Group Exhibition, Los Angeles, CA
- Third Annual Street Shooting Exhibition- LACP, Los Angeles, CA, Juror: Craig Semetko
- Street Shooting Around the World Exhibition Online, Juror: Craig Semetko
- Favorite Photograph Exhibition, Lenscratch, Online
- Xposed, Group Show, LACP, Los Angeles, CA
- 10th Annual Inglewood Open Studio, Inglewood, CA
- Residency Gallery, Inglewood, CA- Group Show
- Last Days of Summer Exhibition, Lenscratch, Online
- f16, New Photographic Visions- Group Show, LACP, Los Angeles, CA
- Bathing Suits and Sunburns Exhibition, Lenscratch, Online
- Snow Exhibition, Lenscratch, Online
- The Last Exhibition –Alumni, Group Show, Cleveland State Univ. Art Gallery, Cleveland, OH, Curator: Tim Knapp
- Where The Girls Are, The Continental Gallery, Group Show, Los Angeles, CA
- A Tribute to Masumi Hyashi, Group Show, Cleveland State Univ., Art Gallery, Cleveland, OH
- The Dinner Party, Photos & performance with artist Launa Bacon, Continental Gallery, Los Angeles, CA
- Create Fixate-Pop Up Gallery, Group Show, Los Angeles, CA
You must be logged in to post a comment.